Friday Five :: We can be heroes just for one day
Heroes (live) :: David Bowie
5 Things this song reminds me of:
1. The first time I ever heard this song I fell in love with it. The song stuck with me from that first listen, and when I first started driving I had it on this one mix-tape I remember vividly. I used to play this song while I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway and I would craft a mini-movie in my head. A story grew out of it, one I wish I had actually gotten around to writing down, though part of that “story” may make it into In-Between Days (novel in-progress that I am writing).
2. My oldest daughter, Julia, who has been in love with David Bowie since round about 4th grade, the year she wrote a report on him. She turned 21 this month, and she is still quite mad for him, and hopes very much that he tours this year to support his soon-to-be-released album (coming in March).
3. Every unrequited or impossible love I have ever had in my life.
4. My often naive way of seeing love and believing in it, no matter how much I have been hurt by it, and no matter if I am the one loving more. I still believe that love can change everything for the better…and more than that, I still believe in love.
5. How much music has changed me, influenced me, inspired me, comforted me, challenged me and been such a part of the person I am.